“Personal information” is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from that data and other information that Intertel has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
We collect, process, and retain personal information from you and any devices (including mobile devices) you may use when you: use our Services, register for an account with us, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
The personal information we collect includes the following:
Personal information you give us when you use our Services or register an account
- Identifying information such as your name, billing address, shipping address, telephone numbers or email addresses when you register an account on this website.
- You may also provide us with other information through a web form, by updating or adding information to your account, through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services.
- Additional information we are required or authorized by applicable law to collect and process in order to authenticate or identify you or to verify the information we have collected.
Personal information we collect automatically when you use our Services or register an account with us
- We collect information about your interaction with our Services, your advertising preferences, and your communications with us. This is information we receive from the devices (including mobile devices) you use when you use our Services, register an account, provide us information on a web form, update or add information to your account, participate in community discussions, chats, or dispute resolution, or when you otherwise correspond with us regarding our Services. This information may include the following: Device ID or unique identifier, device type, and unique device tokens or other information made available by your web browser or operating system.
- Geo-location information, including location information from your mobile device or web browser.
- Computer and connection information such as your page views, traffic to and from this website, referral URL, your IP address, your browsing history, and other information made available by your device.
Personal information we collect using cookies, web beacons, and similar technologies
Personal information from other sources
- We may supplement the personal information we collect with information from third parties and add it to your account information. For example, we may collect and use demographic information that is publically available, additional contact information, information from credit bureaus or social media profiles, and any other information we are permitted or required to collect under applicable law.
Use and Retention
We use the personal information we collect to: provide and improve our Services, provide you with a personalized experience on our sites (especially, by offering you services and items that you may like), contact you about your account and our Services, provide you customer service, provide you with personalized advertising and marketing, and detect, prevent, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities.
We may use and retain your personal information as follows:
Provide, improve, and personalize our Services
- Provide access to and use of our Services.
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like.
- Keep track of your cart, your Watch List, your collections, and other actions you might take on this website.
- Give you access to your account and orders history, messages and other feature
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- We may use geo-location information to provide you with location based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content)
Contact you about your account and provide you customer service
- Contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through questionnaires or polls, or as otherwise necessary to provide you customer service
- Contact you as necessary to enforce our Terms and Conditions, applicable law, and any agreement we may have with you.
- For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text message, and postal mail. When contacting you via telephone, to ensure efficiency, we may use autodialed or pre-recorded calls and text messages as described in our Terms and Conditions.
Personalize our advertising and marketing communications
- Personalize, measure, and improve our advertising based on your advertising customization preferences
- Contact you, either via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail in order to: offer you coupons, discounts and special promotions, and inform you about our Services and those of the Intertel Group. We will use the contact information you have provided to contact you by e-mail, SMS text and/or telephone if you have consented to such contact.
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences
Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities
- Prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations. In addition, we may retain personal information from closed accounts to comply with applicable laws, prevent fraud, collect any fees owed, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, assist with any investigation, enforce our User Agreement and take other actions permitted or required by applicable laws. After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we dispose of it in a secure manner according to our data retention and deletion policies and in compliance with applicable law.
You have a choice about how we use your personal information to communicate with you, send you marketing information, and provide you with personalized advertising.
If you do not wish to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe from the link in the email you received or indicate your communication preferences within the direct communication from us. Keep in mind, we do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
If you do not wish to participate in our advertising personalization programs, you can opt-out by following the directions provided within the applicable advertisement. The effect of an opt-out will be to stop personalized advertising, but it will still allow the collection of information for certain purposes such as usage, research, analytics and internal purposes. In addition to that, we do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on this website for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is accurate and up to date, and that you have the ability to access it and make corrections to it.
This includes the following:
- You can see, review and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. Upon your request, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and in accordance with applicable law.
- We will honour any statutory right you might have to access, modify or erase your personal information. To request access and to find out whether any fees may apply, if permitted by applicable law, please contact us following the instructions in the “Questions or Complaints” section below. Where you have a statutory right to request access or request the modification or erasure of your personal information, we can still withhold that access or decline to modify or erase your personal information in some cases in accordance with applicable law, but will provide you with an explanation setting out the reasons why we cannot fulfill your request.
We may disclose your personal information to other members of the Intertel Group or to third parties. This disclosure may be required for us to deliver products or services to you, provide you with access to our resources, to comply with our legal obligations, to enforce Terms and Conditions, to facilitate our marketing and advertising activities, or to prevent, detect, mitigate, and investigate fraudulent or illegal activities related to our Services. We minimize the amount of personal information we disclose to what is directly relevant and necessary to accomplish the specified purpose. As stated above, we do not disclose your personal information to third parties for their marketing and advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
We may disclose your personal information to the following parties and for the following purposes:
Members of the Intertel Group, who may use it to:
- provide joint content and services (like registration, transactions, and customer support)
- help detect and prevent potentially fraudulent and illegal acts, violations of our Terms and Conditions and data security breaches
- provide you personalized advertising
- guide decisions about their products, sites, applications, services, tools, and marketing communications. Members of the Intertel Group will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have consented to receive such communications from them
Service Providers, financial institutions and intermediary partners
- Third party service providers who help us to provide our Services, payment processing services, assist us in providing customize advertising, to assist us with the prevention, detection, mitigation, and investigation of potentially illegal acts, violations of our Terms and Conditions, fraud and/or security breaches, bill collection, affiliate and rewards programs, and other business operations
- Third party partners who may offer products to you, for them to provide joint content and services (such as, registration, transactions and customer support). These third party partners will use your personal information to send you marketing communications only if you have requested their services
Law enforcement, legal proceedings, and as authorized by law
- to comply with our legal requirements, enforce our Terms and Conditions, respond to legal claims or charges, or protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
- to law enforcement or governmental agencies, or authorized third-parties, in response to a verified request relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability. We will only disclose information we deem relevant to the investigation or inquiry.
- to Intertel Investigations or an investigative partner firm, as and when we deem it necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, rights infringement, or other unlawful activity.
- to credit agencies or bureaus as authorized by applicable national laws (e.g. information on late or missed payments or other defaults on your account that may be reflected in your credit report or file)
- to third parties involved in a legal proceeding, if they provide us with a subpoena, court order or substantially similar legal procedure, or we otherwise believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to prevent imminent physical harm or financial loss or to report suspected illegal activity
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures to reduce the risks of loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure and alteration. Some of the safeguards we use are firewalls and data encryption, physical access controls to our data centers, and information access authorization controls.
Changes to this Notice
Our websites and Services are not intended for or aimed at children under the age of 16, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children.
Third Party Privacy Practices
We cannot guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party and we encourage you to evaluate the privacy and security policies of any third party before choosing to share your information. This is true even where the third parties to whom you disclose personal information are affiliated to Intertel.
Questions or Complaints
Send email to the above address using our public PGP key below to encrypt your message.
|Telephone||0861 262 275|
|Facsimile||0866 033 086|
PO Box 714
Western Cape 7365