The advanced SIM card reader is a USB plug-in card reader for managing mobile phone’s SIM cards, including UMTS USIM cards for 3rd generation mobile communications. This SIM card editor is also a full-featured PC/SC compliant smart card reader for PC security applications, compatible with all types of smart cards available on the market today.
- Compatibility – SIM card reader is compatible with any SIM card worldwide, regardless of the mobile operator. It is also forward compatible with new SIM cards that will be released in the future.
- Standard compliance – SIM reader is PC/SC compliant and can be used with security applications.
- Compact and stylish – SIM reader is small and has a sleek design.
- Includes SIM Manager – view and edit SIM card data.
Apart from its use as a SIM card reader, writer, manager, the advanced SIM card reader can also be used for a range of other purposes, and with any type of SIM card from anywhere in the world.
The advanced SIM card reader is compatible with the following UICC (Universal Integrated Circuit Card) mobile phone cards (from any mobile operator in any country):
- SIM – Subscriber Identity Module in 2G GSM networks
- USIM – Universal Subscriber Identity Module in 3G or 3G+ UMTS networks
- R-UIM – Removable User Identity Module in CDMA networks
- Nextel – SIM cards used in the Sprint-Nextel mobile network
This advanced USB GSM reader is also a full-featured PC/SC compliant smart card reader for PC security applications, compatible with ISO-7816 Class A, B and C cards.
- Microprocessor smart cards – all cards supporting the T=0 and T=1 protocols
- Memory card types – most popular cards of this type are supported
IT security software
The advanced SIM card reader is also a full-featured smart card reader that works with any third-party smart card authentication software. Once you insert a smart card in it (see our list of supported smart cards), it becomes a highly secure USB token for data security applications.
SIM card management software
SIM card reader comes with a copy of SIM Manager, a program for managing SIM card data, reading, exporting and importing data from other applications. The SIM card manager has many more features, among them:
- Nextel SIM card support
- USIM card support
- View data archives
- Recover deleted data
- Synchronize SIM cards
- SIM card wiping
- PLMN management
- Host Interface: Full speed USB
- Supply Voltage: Regulated 5V DC
- Supply Current: Max. 50mA
- CLK Frequency: 4MHz
- Operating temperature: 0C to +55C
- Standards: EN 60950/IEC 60950, EMV Level 1, ISO-7816 Class A, B and C (5V, 3V, 1.8V)), PC/SC, CE, FCC, Microsoft WHQL 2K, XP
- OS: Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista/Seven (32-bit and 64-bit), Linux driver available