Built into generic “USB Ethernet Adapter” casing, the LAN Turtle’s covert appearance allows it to go unnoticed in many IT environments. The LAN turtle offers penetration testers and systems administrators a range of capabilities for testing and improving the security of computer networks and information systems.
The LAN turtle is primarily for use by:
- Pivot with a persistent Meterpreter session in Metasploit.
- Scan the network using nmap.
- DNS Spoof clients to phishing sites.
- Exfiltrate data via SSHFS.
- Man-in-the-Middle inline computers capturing browser traffic.
- Access to the entire LAN through a site-to-site VPN with the LAN Turtle OpenVPN client acting as gateway.
- Automate a management script with the results sent every hour by email.
- Write code on the openwrt-based Linux platform for any inline Ethernet application.
- Maintain access to your home network from anywhere using a persistent reverse SSH shell.
Deployment scenarios may include:
- Covertly installed inside a network to provide remote access via Metasploit’s Meterpreter.
- Secretly installed on a target computer to poison DNS, providing possible phishing endpoints.
- Surreptitiously installed between a target computer and LAN to intercept and log web traffic.
- Exfiltrate shared data from within the host LAN to an outside SSH filesystem.
- Act as an OpenVPN Gateway in/to the host LAN allowing remote management/auditing of accessible nodes.
- Quickly initiate an automated map of the target network and provide a report that can be delivered by email or HTTP.
- Provide a persistent reverse shell over SSH through an intermediate server for remote access to an internal network.
- Masquerade as a legitimate USB Ethernet adapter while performing any automated attack against the host computer or network using tools cross-compiled for the LAN Turtle’s Linux-based OS.
In a nutshell
Set it up for Remote Access, Man-in-the-Middle or Network Reconnaissance.
Disguised as a USB Ethernet Adapter, it easily blends in with your target network.
Get a shell at on your home server or cloud VPS over SSH, OpenVPN, Meterpreter and more.
Download modules right to the device from the community marketplace. You can code your own modules in bash, python, or php with a simple API.
- Atheros AR9331 SoC at 400 MHz MIPS
- 16 MB Onboard Flash
- 64 MB DDR2 RAM
- 10/100 Ethernet Port
- USB Ethernet Port – Realtek RTL8152
- Indicator LED (Green Power, Amber Status)
- Button (inside case for Factory Reset / Firmware Recovery)
- Dimensions: 95 x 23 x 31 mm