The BHS Telephoto Camera is an ultra-flexible DIY hidden camera system that enables you to monitor tricky locations. The flexible ribbon is a little over 12cm long, so you can place the telephoto lens in the most convenient position for the best possible footage. Using the free, included mobile phone app, you can view live footage as it occurs or playback footage that has already been captured and stored. The Telephoto Lens with ultra-wide viewing lens lets you to capture a wide field of view.
- BHS Telephoto Camera
- Flexible Ribbon with Telephoto Lens
- Built-in DVR for recording video to the onboard MicroSD card (Can use up to 128GB, not included with purchase)
- Free phone app for iOS or Android
- Dimensions: 2.87″ x 2.17″ x 1.06″
- Transmission: Built-In Recorder and WiFi Direct Connect
- Storage: SD card up to 128GB of memory 1 Hour/GB (high frame rate)
- Service: No monthly fee
- Ribbon Length: 12cm
- Battery: 3500mAh 3.7V Li-ion Battery, 5V Adapter 5V, 1000mA DC adapter with micro USB out
- Sensor Resolution: 1280×720
- Sensor Sensitivity: 1.3V/lux-sec
- Memory Card Supported: Max 128GB microSD Card
- Memory Usage: 1GB/hour for video 250KB/file for image
- Video Recording Resolution: HD 720p (1280×720)
- Video Format: MP4
- Current Consumption: 350mA
- Recording Time: Max 8 Hours (with fully charged battery)
- USB Mass Storage Device
- OS Supported: Android 4.2.2 & iOS 8.3 and above
- Storage Temperature: 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF)
- Operating Temperature: 0º to 45ºC (32º to 113ºF)
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Will I be able to access live videos via the app on my phone, even when I’m away from home?
A: Yes, as long as the camera is configured to your WiFi router, you can remotely view it from anywhere using the free app on your smartphone.
Q: Do I still need an SD card if I’m viewing the footage live?
A: An SD card would be needed to record video for later viewing, but it is not needed for live playback.
Q: What are the video outputs and formats?
A: The video format is MP4. There are no video outputs on this camera except for USB which allows you to hook up the camera to your computer to access and view local recordings saved to the SD card (compatible with up to 128GB, not included).
Q: What is the viewing angle of this camera?
A: With the telephoto lens, the viewing angle is as follows: Horizontal viewing angle 29°–9°20′; diagonal viewing angle 34°–11°20′; vertical viewing angle 19°30’–6°20′
Q: Is it possible for me to save the recordings to my phone through the app?
A: Using an Android device, you can save an Android Video File to your device in a storage folder labeled “BHS.” Using an iPhone, a video cannot be saved directly to your device but can be downloaded from the app and played back from the “File” section of the BHS WiFi App.